*This page contains affiliate links meaning I earn a commission if you use those links. I will only recommend brands I use and trust.
By now, I’m sure you’ve heard of the paleo diet. And if you haven’t, it’s a great diet that you can fairly easily introduce into your life. Trust me on this one, I’m not the best at sticking to diets.
I started on this diet during my first pregnancy after wanting to eat healthier for my child and myself. I must say I am so happy I did!
For those of you that don’t know, a paleo diet consists of high protein and low to no intake of carbohydrates, sugars, and processed oils. So, in more simpler terms, you just need to cut out breads, chips, sugars, and the unhealthy oils such as vegetable oil. By no means does this mean the end of enjoyment of food for you! You realistically can find healthier paleo alternatives to replace those items with.
Also, if you’re a busy mom like myself, or anyone for that matter who is pressed for time, I highly recommend doing your grocery shopping online at Publix. They use Instacart that does the grocery shopping for you and then delivers your groceries right to your door! This has saved me so much time and headache I would get from doing my shopping in store with two toddlers.
Another great thing about these cookies, is they are super easy to make.
3 tbsp. Maple Syrup
2tbsp. Melted Coconut
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
2 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix melted coconut oil, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract together.
- Add almond flour and baking soda to mixture and mix well.
- Add shredded coconut and dried cranberries mixing well.
- Makes roughly 10-12 cookies. I sort of just eyeball them
- Bake in the oven for 9-10 minutes, then let them cool down completely.
- I store them in the fridge but they don’t have to be.