*This page contains affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you use those links. I only recommend brands I personally use and trust.
Are family dinners a thing of the past? At our house, we try to always have a family dinner each night. Though some nights when my husband works late, it unfortunately doesn’t happen. But, when we do get to sit down together and have dinner, it’s such a great way for us to catch up and bond. Hopefully, we keep this tradition going on even when our girls get older.
On either Saturday or Sunday evening for dinner, we usually have a bit more of a heartier meal. It’s a no rules I can have a bit of a splurge and eat what I want.
This past Sunday, I made a ginger teriyaki Salmon with broccoli and coconut rice. It’s fairly easy to make. And if you live nearby a Publix, I highly recommend using their ginger teriyaki finishing sauce. That’s what I used and it turned out amazing. So, that helped tremendously with cutting back on time.
- 4 cups of white rice
- ~1 lb of salmon
- Publix’s Ginger Teriyaki Finishing Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. Of margarine I used the one with coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 7 ounces of broccoli
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take your salmon and rub the olive oil all over and then sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- While the oven was pre-heating, I began cooking the rice and when finished drain the rice.
- Place salmon in the oven for roughly 15 minutes- it will depend on how thick your salmon is.
- For the rice, melt the coconut oil, margarine, and sugar together over low to medium heat.
- Add the rice to the mixture and mix completely.
- In another pan, cook the chopped broccoli with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- For the last 5 minutes on the salmon in the oven, verify that the salmon is almost done to your likeness and then add the ginger teriyaki finishing sauce.
- Prepare your plates and enjoy!