Are you aware that September 16th is national guacamole day?? Guacamole is a great dip for any party. This dip has been around since the 1500s and it’s so simple to make. If I could I would thank the first Aztecs that came up with this dip. It’s a favorite of mine and is so easy to make. All you really need is avocados and various spices.
No matter the theme, it’s a great dip to serve at your party. But, if you are throwing a Mexican themed party such as Cinco de Mayo, this is your dip.
Nowadays, I’m looking for ways to fix food quickly but still have it tasting amazing. It takes maybe 15 min for me to make. So, if you’re a busy mom like me or don’t always have the time to focus and need to make something quickly, I recommend you give this a try.
I hope you enjoy it and let me know your thoughts!
- 4 Avocados
- ~ 7 ounces of canned corn; I used half a can
- 1 can of Rotel; I used the Mexican style with lime and cilantro
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. of pepper
- 1 package of guacamole mix; I use Concord’s brand
- Melt the coconut oil in a skillet on the stovetop
- Add the corn, garlic powder, and pepper and mix entirely
- Cook on medium heat for approximately 10-15 minutes, set aside
- Cut avocados half, remove outer skin, and mash them using a knife and/or fork
- Add the guacamole mix to the avocados and mix entirely
- Drain Rotel, and add that to the avocados along with the corn
- Mix everything completely and then enjoy!