Do you ever feel that there just isn’t enough time in the day to prepare a nice homemade dinner? I know I have been feeling that way lately. I work roughly 40 minutes from where we live and even though it is only part time, I find myself struggling to find the time some evenings to cook dinner.
I know I can’t possibly be the only mom, or dad, out there that has this same issue. So, I’ve been researching and trying to come up with more simple and easy meals to make to help myself and others in the same boat out. I’ve found one thing that makes the world of a difference for me is having a sauce or seasonings already prepared.
The meal I am going to share with you today is becoming one of my family’s favorite go to meal nowadays. It’s a super simple and quick to make curry dish. It tastes delicious and you can control the level of spicy.
I use curry sauce made by Sharwood’s. The one that both our girls like the most is the Tikka Masala flavor. This one is not spicy and they enjoy eating it.
I always pair the curry with a favorite side dish of coconut rice. This gives it a nice sweet flavor and of course, our girls love this flavored rice!
My husband loves naan bread with his curry so it has become a staple now for whenever I am cooking this meal for dinner. I hope you enjoy this easy weeknight dinner idea and let me know your thoughts!
- 1 lb. of chicken
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil for chicken
- 1 tbsp. of coconut margarine for chicken
- Your choice curry, I used Sharwood’s Tikka Masala
- 4 cups of white rice
- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil for rice
- 2 tbsp. of coconut margarine for rice
- 1/4 cup of granulate sugar
- Naan bread (optional)
- Start cooking your rice over the stovetop.
- Take chicken and chop it up into bite sized pieces.
- In a saute pan, add 1 tbsp of coconut oil and coconut margarine and the chicken.
- Let chicken get completely cooked, then add curry sauce over, mixing, and simmer
- Drain rice, and in same pan add the coconut oil, coconut margarine, and sugar, mix entirely
- Serve and enjoy with naan bread if you’d like!