*This page contains affiliate links meaning I earn a commission if you use those links. I only recommend brands I use and trust. Thank you if you do use the link.
Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and have a great Labor Day! My husband is working today and I am at home with the kids thinking of things for us to do this Fall season. We have not had a vacation in over two years and we have decided that is something we want to do this coming Fall.
We have been looking at going up north, possibly somewhere in North Carolina, to enjoy more of the Fall season. When I was younger, my parents would take me and my sibling there all the time during the Fall and winter seasons. If you have any suggestions or ideas for places for us to visit this Fall season, leave me a comment below. I would love to hear them!
All this thinking I have been doing for a family vacation for us this Fall, has made me come up with ideas that I wanted to share with you for things you and your family or friends can do together during this Fall season.
Listed below are some of my favorite things to do during the Fall season and some that are on my bucket list that I am planning to do this year. I hope you enjoy!
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch. Of course, this is number one on my list. Visiting a pumpkin patch is such a great and fun Fall activity you can do. During the Fall, you should be able to find a pumpkin patch near you and they are always fun to take pictures at.
- Visit an Apple Orchard. If you live nearby an apple orchard, I highly recommend doing this. Friends of mine live near New York and have said it is such a great experience. I have never actually visited an apple orchard-yet. This is on my bucket list of things to do this Fall. For our vacation this year, we are looking into visiting North Carolina. There is an apple orchard up there that we wanted to check out, Stepps Hillcrest Orchard. From what we have read online it looks like a great option and is near the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Go for a drive. Another great idea for Fall, is to take a drive out in the country with the windows down. Fall is usually cooler out than the summer time and also not too cold like it can become in some parts during the winter time. So, it’s a great time for driving around and checking out nature and stumbling upon new places or hole in the walls.
- Bake something. Another fun activity to do as a family or for couples, is to bake a fall themed sweet. It is a great way to bond and enjoy company. When my husband and I were dating, we baked quite frequently together and then would watch a movie on Netflix afterwards. Since it’s Fall, click here for the link to my Vanilla Pumpkin Spiced Cookies. This is a simple recipe to make that tastes delicious and I used a secret ingredient-pudding mix!
5. Go on a Vacation/Travel. One of my favorite places I would always visit with my family when I was younger, is North Carolina. Hence, one of my reasons for considering going there this year my family. North Carolina has so much you can do up there regardless of the season you visit. However, during the Fall it is a beautiful visit and you can enjoy nature by seeing the leaves change.
6. Visit a Country Fair. When Fall comes around, there’s always fun things to do at local Fall fairs or festivals. Going on a hayride is something that is great fun for the entire family and the kids love them! If it is near Halloween, they may have Haunted Houses and those can be fun.
7. Shopping. I love walking around stores such as World Market, Target, Home Goods, and Michael’s, to see what Fall decor is out and also get inspiration for my own Home. World Market is currently having a promotion for members to save 15% and non-members get to save 10%. *Click here to be taken to World Market’s site.
Another great place to find affordable Fall decor is on Amazon.com. I love using Amazon as I don’t ever have to leave my house and there is so much on their site at great prices. Like these cute, Fall themed decorative pillows!
I hope this post has inspired you and given you ideas for this upcoming Fall season. Also, let me know what your favorite things to do during the Fall season are.
Have a wonderful Labor Day and see you in my next post!