*This page contains affiliate links. I only recommend brands I use and trust. Thank you for your support.
Good morning everyone! How does a fluffy, warm crescent roll sound right now? Doesn’t that just sound delightful? One of my guilty pleasures is eating freshly baked crescent rolls. Unfortunately, I have not mastered making homemade crescent rolls- yet!
So, for now, a good alternative that I have found to enjoy are from Pillsbury and I have recently come across the flavor Sweet Hawaiian. These already prepared crescent rolls help to cut down the prep time for making the breakfast casserole I am talking about today.
For the longest time, I have been baking my family variations of a breakfast casserole. I tend to do them more during the Holiday season as they help to free me up for other things, such as cleaning the house, when company is coming into town.
They are also a great way for me to sneak a healthy and well balanced nutritional meal for the day to my daughters. They have connected that green foods are not the most fun of foods. With this casserole, I can at least a little bit incorporate some vegetables into their diet for the day.
A great thing about a breakfast casserole is you can put anything you want in it. I love adding spinach and sausage crumbles to my casseroles. My favorite brand for sausage is by Tennessee Pride. I will typically just add some pepper for taste when cooking it over the stove top.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know and I hope you enjoy it!
- Pillsbury Croissant can
- 6 eggs
- Sausage crumbles; I used 1/2 a roll of Tennessee Pride brand sausage and seasoned with pepper
- 1/2 cup of dairy free milk-this helps to make the eggs fluffier and airy I find
- 1 cup spinach shredded
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Feta cheese or your favorite cheese
- Texas Pete for taste
- pepper for taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- On stovetop, cook sausage into crumbles and season with pepper. Set aside
- In a mixing bowl, mix eggs, milk, garlic powder, Texas Pete, and pepper
- Add the spinach and sausage
- In greased 8 x 11.5 inch glass casserole dish, lay the croissants down
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and top with feta cheese
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until cooked through
- Let cool and then enjoy!