This page contains affiliate links meaning I may earn a commission if you use those links. I only recommend brands I use and trust. Thank you for supporting me if you use a link.
Good morning everyone and Happy Monday!
I hope your Monday is off to a great start and you all had a wonderful weekend. Did you do anything exciting? Mine was fairly uneventful. My husband worked the entire weekend and I spent the majority of my time looking at ideas for Thanksgiving meals and then Christmas gift ideas. I can hardly believe how fast the days are going by right now. Thanksgiving and then Christmas will be here before we know it. I feel like I am going to run out of time to get everything done!
The weather has been feeling great lately, especially on Saturday, it was a beautiful sunny day in North Florida.
This time of the year is one of my favorite times. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving and all the delicious food and time spent with family. What are some of your favorite dishes you eat at Thanksgiving? I am always trying to think of new and exciting dishes to have for Thanksgiving but I tend to go more traditional.
Another thing my husband and I do on Thanksgiving, is go Black Friday/Black Thursday shopping. We’ve been doing it since the first year we met and it’s turned into a tradition for us. He always works the day after Thanksgiving so going actual Black Friday shopping is more impossible for us. Also, we have a late Thanksgiving lunch/ early dinner so Thanksgiving for us is usually over around 4:00pm. Do you participate in any of the Black Friday/Thursday madness?
Today, I wanted to share with you a Thanksgiving themed dessert pastry. It’s super easy to make and I am certain will be a hit if you serve it at your Thanksgiving get together. It could also be served as an appetizer for your guests.
I hope you enjoy and let me know your thoughts. Also, if you have a favorite Thanksgiving dessert let me know, I would love to hear yours!
- 2 puff pastries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- ~ 1/2 tbsp of granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a baking sheet
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, pumpkin, and vanilla extract
- Add in the pumpkin pie spice and powdered sugar combining everything well
- Slice the sides of the puff pastry into sections that you can then fold over
- Pour half the batter on one of the puff pastries and the other half on the other and spread evenly
- Fold over the slices overlapping and creating a seal using the melted butter
- Using the remaining melted butter rub all over the puff pastries and then sprinkle granulated sugar ontop
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 20 minutes
- Let cool completely and then enjoy!
Have a great week and I look forward to seeing you on Friday in my next post!