This page contains affiliate links meaning I may earn a commission if you use those links. I only recommend brands I use and trust. Thank you for supporting me if you use a link.
Good morning everyone and Happy Thanksgiving week!
I hope you all had a great weekend and I hope that your Monday is off to a great start! If you are doing any kind of traveling this week, I hope all goes well and you have a wonderful time with family. Be safe out there!
Today, I wanted to share with you a list of things you can do with your family, friends and/or that special person in your life. These are all things that I enjoy doing with my family.
- Go Christmas Shopping. Regardless if you buy anything, I always have a fun time going Christmas shopping especially for home decor. Some of my favorite places to check out include Target, World Market, Home Depot, Walmart and Pier 1. I can always find great deals at these places.
- Decorate your home for Christmas. I love putting on my favorite Christmas movie, such as A Christmas Story or Home Alone, and then decorating our home as a family. It’s such a great way to get in the Christmas spirit and spend quality time as a family.
- Go on a road trip. When I was younger, my parents would take me and my siblings to either North Carolina or Colorado typically for a winter vacation. Living in Florida and traveling to a colder destination during the winter season, is another great way to help get into the holiday experience. Even if you already do live up north, you can always find another place in the United States to explore. I definitely am looking forward to starting this tradition with my husband and kids. I truly believe there is so many neat places to see in the United States and I can’t wait to explore them!
- Visit Santa. If you have kids this is a great activity to do with them. It’s always fun to see how infants and toddlers will react to the big, jolly red guy!
- Christmas Baking. It would not be my house without some baking. This past weekend, I started doing a handful of my baking- and cooking- for Christmas. So, I will have lots of recipes and ideas to share with you.
- Make a Gingerbread House. In my house, there’s something about spending time after dinner putting together a gingerbread house. This is a great activity to do with kids, even just as a couple, or with a group of friends. If no kids are around and your legal just add some wine!
- Drive around looking at Christmas lights. Perhaps my favorite tradition that my husband and I do, is a few days before Christmas, we will drive around at night looking at Christmas lights. We usually will get either hot chocolate or coffee and then donuts or another sweet and snack on those as we go around neighborhoods seeing all the beautiful lights and Christmas decorations set up.
I hope you enjoyed todays post and I hope you find something that you never thought of to do this holiday season. Let me know what you love to do during this holiday season.