This page contains affiliate links meaning I may earn a commission if you use those links. I only recommend brands I use and trust. Thank you for supporting me if you use a link.
Happy New Years Eve!
How are you all doing? Are you excited for tonight?
In our neighborhood, our neighbors always put on a big show ALL night long just about. It is nice because we do not have to leave our house to see fireworks but can be tough when you want to just go to bed or have to work early the next day like my husband. Needless to say, I will be quite tired tomorrow morning.
Do you make a traditional New Years dinner? Since Ben and I have met, it has been a tradition for us to have the traditional New Years dinner. So, tomorrow I will be busy cooking and resting from all the fireworks tonight.
Today, I wanted to share with you a delicious and somewhat healthier option for a coffee cake. I love cinnamon rolls so much and decided to make a gluten free cinnamon roll coffee cake. When looking at the ingredient list, it may seem overwhelming, but I promise you, it is so easy to make.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and almond milk
- Add in the coconut sugar, gluten free flour, baking powder, cinnamon and xanthan gum
- Pour mixture into a 9×13 inch pan
- In another mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients listed under topping and spread the mixture over the coffee cake batter
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 34 minutes
- When finished baking, begin making the icing mixture and drizzle over the coffee cake
- Let cool and then enjoy!
Thank you everyone and I with you all a safe and wonderful New Years!