This page contains affiliate links meaning I may earn a commission if you use those links. I only recommend brands I use and trust. Thank you for supporting me if you use a link.
Happy Friday everyone! It is our first Friday of the year.
Did you all have a great New Years? I’m curious if any of you have made resolutions for this year and if so what they are? One of mine is definitely to get back on track of eating healthier diet and exercising a bit more.
Yesterday, I finally went to see the eye doctor for the first time in perhaps 15 or more years! The past couple of months, I have been noticing my vision is not what it used to be and has been getting worse. Don’t worry though, everything checked out good and I have glasses on the way!
Since I am on the road to eating better, I recently made a French Onion Soup. I think it turned out quite delicious and now my husband and I are wanting to start making more soups for dinner.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 large onions chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- ~ 1/2 tsp pepper
- ~ 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp gluten free flour
- 3/4 c white wine
- 44 ounces of beef stock
- 1/2 cup water
- French bread sliced
- Gruyere cheese
- Over medium heat on the stove top, combine the first 7 ingredients and cook down the onions. This will take approximately 30 minutes
- Add the next 4 ingredients and let the mixture simmer for another 30 minutes
- For the French bread, I drizzled some olive oil on top and broiled on the low setting for approximately 5 minutes
- Pour the soup mixture into an oven safe bowl and add gruyere cheese ( this is at your discretion, I like mine cheesy and added quite a bit)
- Add the sliced French bread and then top with additional gruyere cheese
- Broil in the oven on low for approximately 10 minutes