This page contains affiliate links meaning I may earn a commission if you use those links. I only recommend brands I use and trust. Thank you for supporting me if you use a link.
Good morning everyone and Happy Friday!
How are you all doing today? I hope your week went well. I have had quite a productive week as far as getting household chores completed. I am so happy to be all caught up on laundry for the week. It means a much more relaxed weekend free from the usual chores.
Today, is my grandfather’s birthday and I am looking forward to celebrating with him and family tomorrow. He is 93 years old! It’s amazing to think about time and how drastically our world has changed over the last century. If I make it to 93, I have no idea what our society will be like.
I had a package of puff pastry shells in the freezer that I had been wanting to use up but was unsure of what to make. I finally came up with something that ended up turning out great! It’s an Apple Pie Puff Pastry dessert and it was super easy to make.
- Puff pastry shells
- 1 small red apple chopped
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. apple pie spice
- 1 tsp. Xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp gluten free flour
- Bake the puff pastry shells according to the directions provided on the box
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium to low heat
- Add the chopped apple into and cook them down some
- Add in the remaining of the ingredients stirring occasionally for approximately 6-8 minutes
- After the puff pastry shells have baked, remove the middle pastry shell and set aside
- Evenly pour the apple mixture into the shells and top with middle pastry shell you set aside
- Let cool and then enjoy!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!